SM-3 Marker Light
The SM-3 is the replacement for the venerable SM-2 featuring a high intensity LED strobe which provides 360° visibility for approximately 2 miles. This compact yet durable marker light facilitates rescue by automatically activating and beginning to strobe when in the water, working for over 40 hours at 30oC (86oF) or over 24 hours at -1oC (30oF) on two common AA size lithium batteries. Perfect for military, commercial marine, petro-marine, cruisers, and other applications needing a reliable Crew Overboard Marker (COB) light, the SM-3 floats upright in all conditions, ensuring it will keep shining when you need it the most.
The supplied mounting bracket holds the SM-3 secure in the roughest of conditions, but is readily accessible when needed in an emergency. Additionally, while the SM-3 and its bracket are significantly smaller and lighter than the SM-2 counterpart, the SM-3 bracket conveniently maintains the same mounting hole pattern as the SM-2, allowing for easy retrofit on existing SM-2 installations. Rugged design leads to greater flexibility of use. While the SOLAS standard only calls for a 30 meter drop test, the SM-3 has been drop tested to 76 meters. This makes the SM-3 a versatile option for use on a variety of platforms or vessels of different sizes; including use as an air deploy-able marker light for helicopter operations.
- USCG/MED/SOLAS Approved.
- Bright light in all directions (360o visibility).
- LED technology is more energy efficient and durable than prior xenon flash tube designs.
- Durable, polycarbonate blend case withstands harsh environments and vigorous use.
- Drop-tested 76m (249 ft).
- UV, temperature and chemical resistant.
- Included mounting bracket securely holds SM-3 in the roughest conditions, while remaining accessible in an emergency.
- Floats upright in all conditions.
- Minimum 40 hours continuous operating life at 30oC (86oF).
- Operates with two (2) common AA size lithium batteries.
- Batteries not included, see item 45205-AA (factory recommended battery).
- Size: 2.2" Diameter x 9.9" Length & 0.71 lbs (light with batteries only).
- Special Notice for USCG Personnel, this item is Authorized Equipment per Maintenance Procedure Card (MPC) D-C-13204.
See "Other Details" below for additional product information and PDF specification sheet.