- Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
How to Order:
- For information on placing a conventional order, including government purchase orders, see the How To Order link.
- Internet orders may be placed directly through this website. You may checkout as a guest or open an account for repeat/furture purchases.
- All terms and conditions noted below are applicable to internet purchases.
Payment Terms (Internet Orders):
- At check-out you have the option for Credit Card Payment or Offline/Verbal payment processing.
- If you have difficulty placing a credit card order please select the Offline/Verbal payment option and United SAR will contact the buyer to process secure payment.
- Your card or payment account will not be charged until shipment has been made. However a pending Authorization/Hold may appear on your chosen payment method until your order has been shipped when placing orders through the website.
Sales Tax (Florida Deliveries Only):
- Deliveries within Florida will be assessed Sales Tax unless customer is tax-exempt.
- US Federal Government customers are exempt from Florida Sales Tax. Sales tax WILL NOT be assessed on Federal Government purchases.
- If your organization is tax-exempt and other than an agency of the US Federal Government, please contact United SAR prior to placing an internet order and provide your Florida tax-exempt or resale certificate if you wish to make a tax exempt purchase.
- All other purchases for delivery within the state of Florida will be assessed Florida state Sales Tax.
- Sales tax is not shown/included at checkout.
- United SAR will contact customer via telephone or email for orders that require Sales Tax or Residential Delivery Fee.
Shipping (Internet Orders):
- Internet orders are limited to delivery within the contiguous USA (CONUS).
- All internet orders will ship via traceable ground service, FOB Shipping Point (United SAR - Tampa, FL).
- Due to increasing carrier fees and surcharges as a result of COVID-19, United SAR is suspending free ground shipping.
- A Flat-Rate shipping & handling fee of $15 will be assessed on all orders shipping within the contiguous USA for commercial and government facilities. This fee will be added to your cart during checkout.
- Residential deliveries will be assessed an additional $4 fee. This fee is not shown during check out, but will be added for all residential addresses.
- Flat-Rate shipping will be via ground service (FedEx or UPS), USPS First Class or USPS Priority service at United SAR's discretion.
- All shipping methods are traceable.
- Some items are not applicable for Flat-Rate shipping. Details are noted in the item description and at checkout.
- Large items, such as ring buoys, may be assessed a shipping surcharge. This is in addition to the flat-rate shipping fee. The surcharge will be noted on the item page and must be acknowledged by the customer prior to adding the item to your cart for purchase.
- Contact United SAR directly if you require Expedited Shipping or delivery to a destination outside of the contiguous USA (OCONUS), including deliveries to Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories, FPO/APO and international addresses.
- Customers are to inspect deliveries immediately upon receipt. All discrepancies must be reported to United SAR within 10 business days after delivery of shipment/item(s).
- Website prices are updated regularly (weekends & holidays excluded) and are current to the best of our knowledge when posted.
- Due to the dynamic nature of the industry and the multitude of products offered, some products, prices, promotions or offers may change before we are able to update and post the information on this website.
- In the event of an unexpected cost increase or other change, we will contact you to determine whether you want to continue your order at the new price or cancel your order.
- United SAR reserves the right to decline the acceptance of any orders.
- General product availability is listed for each item on the product detail page.
- United SAR stocks most items offered for sale through this website unless noted otherwise in the product detail page.
- In-stock items typically ship within one (1) business day after receipt of your order/payment. If a stocked item is not available at time of order and the delay is expected to be greater than three (3) business days you will be provided with an email notification advising you of the delay and the expected shipping date.
- Some items offered for sale are not stocked by United SAR due to limited demand, limited shelf life, dated batteries, etc. Such items are ordered on demand from the manufacturer and typically are not returnable. The estimated lead time shown on the product detail page for such items is the typical availability based on the manufacturer's past performance. Deviations may occur.
- All time estimates are for shipment initiation only. Please allow for additional carriage time to your destination via UPS ground service. Shipments originate in Tampa, FL 33619.
- United SAR retains the right to hold and ship complete or to make partial shipment in the event of an out-of-stock item or product shortage.
- If you require time definite delivery please Contact United SAR directly for current product availability or to place your order directly.
- You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of shipment for a refund or store credit.
- All returns must be authorized by United SAR in advance. Contact United SAR to request a Return Material Authorization (RMA). Include your order number and details about the product(s) you would like to return. A response with detailed return instructions will be provided promptly.
- Approved returns must be sent freight prepaid to United SAR and marked with the RMA number.
- Items for return must be in new and unused condition, with the original packaging, and must include all components, manuals, etc. as originally provided with the item.
- Items will be inspected on receipt at United SAR. Items accepted back into inventory may be subject to a 15% - 25% restock fee unless the return is a result of our error.
- A refund/credit for returned items will be issued after receipt and inspection at United SAR.
- Please note all sales of the following items are final. Listed items may only be returned for warranty repair or replacement.
- Special Order Items (products ordered on your behalf).
- Henderson wetsuits.
- EPIRBs, PLBs and other radio Beacons.
- Custom Marked or Modified Equipment.
- Pyrotechnics (flares, signaling smoke, etc).
- United SAR makes no warranty of any kind with respect to the information posted on this website. While every effort is taken to ensure the accuracy of the data, this website may include typographical errors and technical inaccuracies. In addition, photos may not represent actual products.
- With the exception of the Limited Product Warranty listed below, United SAR disclaims all other warranties including but not limited to warranties of merchantability and fitness/suitability for a particular purpose.
United SAR Limited Product Warranty:
- All United SAR, Inc. (USI) products are warranted to the first consumer purchaser to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of twelve (12) months, with the exception of electronic products that shall contain this same material/workmanship warranty for a period of 90 days from date of purchase. Additional terms and conditions apply. Click here for the complete limited warranty.
- United SAR's Limited Product Warranty is supplemental and secondary to the original manufacturer's warranty. Purchaser agrees to seek warranty claim/remedy with the original manufacturer prior to requesting a warranty claim with United SAR. Purchaser may not request a duplicate warranty claim to United SAR when the original manufacturer has provided remedy (repair, replacement, etc.) for the original claim, or determined that the claim is outside the scope of a material or workmanship defect.
- Contact United SAR to initiate a warranty claim.
Manufacturer's Product Warranty:
- Manufacturer warranties apply to your purchase.
- In no event shall United SAR be liable for any damages caused by any product or failure of such product to perform, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damage and regardless of the theory of liability pursuant to which such damages may be sought.
- The products offered and sold by United SAR are of rescue and survival equipment nature. Inherent to all rescue and survival environments and operations is an increased risk of injury and/or possible death to an individual or group of individuals. The equipment offered and sold by United SAR is intended to aid the professional rescuer(s) and/or survival victim(s). However the risk of injury or death cannot be completely eliminated or foreseen.
- It is the responsibility of the purchasing and end-user organization or individual to determine the suitability of the purchased equipment for the intended application or purpose. As well, the purchasing and end-user organization/individual must define the operational procedures and safety guidelines associated with the proper utilization, maintenance/inspection (including service life) and safe storage of the rescue and survival equipment.
- Equipment training, including continued proficiency reviews and regular maintenance/inspection is vital to the proper and safe use of all rescue and survival equipment. All individuals must be thoroughly trained and familiarized with the intended purpose, correct use and function of the equipment.
- Failure to heed the above may result in serious injury or death.