Life Floats, Multiple Sizes
Jim Buoy® Life Floats are lightweight, easily boarded, comfortable in the water, and have no hard surfaces. Constructed with a resilient vinyl surface over a closed-cell plastic (foam) core. Floats are available with an optional glass fiber reinforcement (GRS) of the regular vinyl surface providing an almost impenetrable skin, yet remains slightly resilient. The GRS option adds durability and resistance to weathering for an extended service life.
- USCG Approved, 46 CFR 160.027.
- Light weight makes these floats very easy to handle.
- No exposed metal hardware - all hardware is secured inside the float body.
- Double webbing; sunlight and weather never reach internal supporting beckets.
- Solid closed-cell plastic (foam) throughout ensures positive buoyancy even if surface is compromised.
- Will not rot or mildew and includes reflective tape markings.
- Meets USCG requirements for inspected vessels carrying passengers for hire.
- Optional stencil kit available to mark Life Floats with vessel name/hull number and serial number, contact United SAR for details.
- Color: International Orange.
- Sizes: 6-person thru 22-person capacity models (see table below for approximate dimensions & weights).
- Special Notice for USCG Personnel, this item complies with with Maintenance Procedure Card (MPC) KB0085.0
(applicable to 6-person and 15-person Life Floats).
See "Other Details" below for additional product information and Customization Options.